NONOPIOID ANALGESIC DRUGS
- Pharmacokinetic: Its given orally and is metabolized in the liver by conjugation with glucuronic acid and sulfate and by oxidation (half-life 2/4 hours)
- Effects : Analgesic and Antipyretic
- Mechanism of action : Selective inhibition of COX-3 –the reason for the difference from the other NSAIDs (lack of clinically significant anti-inflammatory effect)
- The analgesic and antipyretic drug of choice in childeren and in pregnancy.
PARACETEMOL ADVERSE EFFECTS AND POISONING
- Analgesic assosiated with nephropaty following prolonged use
- With toxic doses paracetamol causes serious liver damage.
- Renal toxicity may also follow.
- Analgesia-different kinds of pain , including visceral
- Bone marrow suppression(aplastic anemia)
- Allergic reactions
- Analgesic-assosiated nephropathy following prolonged use.
What's your reaction?
You might also like